Contentful (https://www.contentful.com) is an API-first content management platform for web and mobile applications and the first cloud-based service to allow content to be distributed across any device, application or platform, with one single input.
We are still early stage but showed significant traction and have paying customers. We are funded by the world’s leading VCs, Benchmark’s European sister Balderton (MySQL, Redhat, Twitter, New Relic, Dropbox) and SaaS expert Point Nine Capital (ZenDesk, Unbounce, Server Density). Our advisory board includes key personalities from the BBC, Apple, Rovio, Symantec as well as thought leaders in the Web and Content Management space.
As the the Ruby / Rails developer you’ll contribute significantly to the development of our platform and the ecosystem around it.
- Proven experience in developing, deploying and maintaining non-trivial Rails projects. Possibly on different Rails versions.
- You already worked on and with APIs (consuming and emitting) and integrations of third party services (OAuth, social networks)
- Familiarity with the most common Ruby Gems and experience in writing and packaging your own
- Some exposure to Chef and writing recipes
- Ideally some work on JRuby
- Strong attitude to testing
- Used to work in small team and on solo projects
- You're an active participant in the tech community
- You get stuff done. We are looking for someone we can trust to do a good job without much handholding - you should enjoy responsibility.
- The Web is changing and becoming more interactive, be part of this revolution and work with cutting-edge technologies on the future of the Web
- Release parts of your code as open source
- Get exposure and work with other technologies we use in house: Erlang, RabbitMQ, elasticsearch, node.js and others
- Be part of a team of technical experts in a company where technology matters and is key
- Enjoy a significant training budget (money and time) that you can spend on conferences and courses
- Be in a fast-paced environment in a company that’s growing quickly. Garner responsibility and make a significant impact, instead of being just another cog in a machine.
- Pick your own equipment to get the best out of your working days
- A fun workplace right in the heart of Berlin
- Competitive salary and stock options