Software Engineer: Ruby (on Rails), full-time, m/f / Njiuko GmbH
We are a small but efficient company and a team of 8 likeminded people with a strong focus on web and mobile applications in the "professional sports" domain. We craft our backends with Ruby on Rails, love clean code, and successful projects. Our clients choose us because we support them with high-end results and professional advice, and because they appreciate our honest dissent if we believe that something is not in their best interest.
What we offer:
- A welcoming and inclusive work environment within a diverse team, ranging from Juniors to Seniors with strong skill-sets in all web development areas
- An attractive competitive salary
- Interesting, varying projects in the professional sports domain (e.g. Bundesliga) and the German startup scene
- Well tested and automated software
- A friendly, respectful working environment
- An office in the city centre of Hamburg, within 2 minutes walking distance to the Alster
What we are looking for:
- You know Ruby (and Rails). You love it. You breathe it.
- You are eager to learn new things and to improve in what you are already quite good at
- You are willing to move to Hamburg unless you live here already
- You have been doing web development professionally for at least 2-3 years
- You are reliable, open-minded, and communicate well with colleagues and clients
- You don’t necessarily need to have a degree. However, you need to know what you are doing and be able to explain why some things make sense and some don’t
- You have at least intermediate English language skills
Bonus points for:
- iOS or Android development experience
- You love wakeboarding || football || climbing || cycling || snowboarding || dota || insert favorite (e-)sports here
Just say email@example.com if you're interested in getting to know us a little better and hear a lot more about us and our work!