Mobile Event Guide is a dynamic mobile technology driven start-up located directly in the heart of central Berlin. We develop interactive solutions for conferences and trade fairs for iOS, Android, and Blackberry.
Our team is passionate about helping clients to integrate and utilize our innovative technologies. We are looking for a highly motivated and dedicated individual: you seek out daily challenges, are creative and share our vision of transforming the world of events into one of interactivity and connectivity? Then join our amazing team which is also backed by one of Germany’s best-known VCs!
• Building our backend and automation tools, based on Ruby, Rails, and modern JS
• Taking responsibility for the full lifecycle of your code, from implementing, to testing, to user acceptance, to deployment
• You have proven experience with test-driven development in Ruby and Rails, with RSpec or Test::Unit
• You have an understanding of core concepts like OOP, design patterns, algorithms and how to run Ruby on a production server
• You are enthusiastic about your work, results-driven and keen on developing in an agile environment with Kanban and Scrum
• You have a passion for backend development, but you’re not afraid to dive into some frontend code to get a job done
• You feel comfortable in a UNIX shell
• You favour a pragmatic programming style and simple solutions
• You write not only outstanding code but are also able to explain how you proceed while you go along – and you like pair-programming
• You have solid English language skills (good German is a plus, but not required)
What we offer
• We use a tech stack based on Ruby, Rails, REST, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcached, modern JS frameworks, XML, git, GitHub
• We offer a free choice of Mac or ThinkPad hardware
• We are enthusiastic co-workers, so join our hackathon team! :-)
That sounds interesting to you? We are looking forward to your application!