Ruby on Rails Ninja / Tripobox
Are you eager to participate in our cutting-edge social and mobile user experience for group travel? Are you excited to build a best-of-class, scalable web application?
What is Tripobox
tripobox.com is a collaborative travel marketplace with offerings to stay, eat and do, simplifying the planning and reservation of group trips.
The application facilitates social interaction among travelers and hosts, decision-making within the group, online group booking and individual payment among all tripmates.
You support our development team in Barcelona/Spain with commitment, initiative and enthusiasm, thereby contributing directly to the growth of the company. The ideal candidate will think-through the system architecture in order to develop a scalable & high quality web application within the budget and deadline.
• Enhancing functionalities.
• Implementing new features.
• Performing maintenance and optimizations.
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• Extensive experience with web development.
• At least 2 years experience building with the Ruby language and the Rails framework.
• Passionate about writing Rails code and be proficient with the entire RoR stack.
• Database: Experience with MySQL and/or Postgres or equivalent.
• Fluency with a variety of cloud-based services such as Amazon Web Services.
• Experience developing with eCommerce Marketplace APIs a plus.
• You like to stay on the cutting edge of web application development and are into agile methodologies (Scrum, TDD).
• Team player and fluent in English, Spanish a Plus
If this sounds like you, shoot us your portfolio with applications you’ve worked on, Github account, and anything else you think we should know (email: marco (at) tripobox (dot) com or phone +34 – 685 807 511).